cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catch a Phone Number calling my phone ? (real time ?)

stephane.lhp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to build a new plugin to my project.

I would like to OPEN a Windows POPUP when i recieve a call from another person on my phone, with his own Phone Number directly on my computer.

Is it possible ?

If 500 person on the same call manager use this functionnality, there is no problem with flooding network or else ?

How could I do this ?

Thanks a lot !

6 Replies 6

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

You can use TAPI or JTAPI - it is up to you.

For callmanager 5.1 default Maximum CTI Connections value is 800 (but you can increase it on your own risk), so it should be enough for you.

--

regards,

PK

I'm on CALL MANAGER 6.1 and I use C# .NET.

Is TAPI usable easily with C# ?

Is there any existing class ?

You can try to use ATAPI.NET by Mark Smith

http://www.julmar.com/_Media/atapinet-2.zip

CCM 6.1 should work fine with TAPI.

--

regards,

PK

A word of warning though.. we've gone through CCM 6.1.1.2000/3000 and 6.1.2.1000 and still are having major issues with the TSP when it comes to extension mobility (depending on the version you cannot monitor all the lines, or you have ghost sets.. that is you have lines showing up as registered or unregistered on an unregistered device, and that device doesn't even have the line if you look at it in ccm).

Things seemed okay at JTAPI at first glance but upon closer look, it seems the ghost registrations also appear in JTAPI.

Hi,

I had similar issues with TAPI/Extension Mobility but having raised bugID CSCso52736 through TAC a while ago, they fixed this for me and then incorporated the fix within the next ES.

Although this has been rectified in newer CUCM releases, obviously I may just be lucky enough to have not hit it again due to my particular environment.

Fixed-In

6.1(1.3101.1)

6.1(2.1000.13)

6.1(1.9901.138)

Try these although I did notice you have already mentioned 6.1(2) which is surprising as a colleague of mine seems to have rectified using this. The only one I can confirm is 6.1(1.3101.1) as I have personally used this on three seperate systems successfully.

Regards,

Jani.

I'm afraid that one fix didn't fix the issues we're having. Right now I have ghost devices (only in TAPI, not JTAPI). Those are inactive IPCs that show up with the last logged in line number even though the user has logged out prior to shutting down the IPC. Logging in the profile at another phone temporarily rectifies things (the inactive phone then has the proper logged out line) but if you log out again, the inactive phone gets the logged in value again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: