cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AW CMS Node (IPCC Ent. 6.0)

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

I just need some clarification on connecting applications to the AW.

I have multiple applications that I would like to interact with the AW. Do I need to have multiple CMS nodes, or just one CMS node and have multiple application instances setup?

6 Replies 6

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Adam,

as far as I know CONAPI interface hasn't been made generally available with a set of published API libraries.

I guess anyway this is more a question for the dev support services group anyway.

Regards,

Riccardo

Let me be a little bit more specific. I am not attempting to create an applicaiton to connect to the AW, I am refering to Chapter 9 in the ICM Ent. 6.0 Configuration Guide.

For example, say I am trying to have my AW be the point of contact for a Cisco Collaboration Server and a Cisco E-Mail Server. Would I need a seperate CMS node for each application, or just one CMS node with multiple application instances setup?

You will need more nodes, each application would talk using a specific subset of the API and so on.

Regards,

Riccardo

Riccardo,

Sure about that? I've done this many times in the past and (working from my memory) one CMS Node, one App Instance, multiple App Paths is my memory.

I have built three ICM 7.2(4)/EIM 4.2(3) instances in the last month. EIM only, not EIM+WIM; so can't speak definitively about having EMAIL and WEB COLLAB in the one UCCE.

Perhaps by "You will need more nodes" you meant you will need more application paths.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

good point about WIM and EIM, will need to check on it, I was considering CEM and CCS, since they had an issue with one being qualified with one Java build and the other one with another, hence requesting two different nodes.

I suspect this would not be the case for EIM+WIM, will check the docs.

Regards,

Riccardo

I looked back at a document Cisco published (probably on Steps to Success) called "IPCC_6[1].0__Implementation_Plan_Template.doc".

It's been a long time since I played with CEM and CCS and Riccardo's post made me want to check.

On pages 39 and 40 it does talk about using CMSControl to create two different ConAPI connections, and now that I read that, I do remember the CMS Control app.

With EIM/WIM, you don't appear to need to do this any more. At least I didn't need to with EIM, and the ConAPI connection is working. Strange how you forget.

So back to the original question ... one CMS Node, but go into CMS Control and add two ConAPI connections as described in the documentation.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: