cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

installing exchange 2007 on cisco unity with failover configured

dandwyer1
Level 1
Level 1

We have gotten to the point during the install where it asks you to select a message store for 2007. The problem we have is that our 2007 exchange environment has multiple message stores. a thru e, f thru j and so on. How do you install for this scenario? I can generate the e2k7script file no problem. Do we need to do this for every message store or do we just pick the the default 1st message store. the documentation doesn't state for this scenario.

Thanks,

Dan

6 Replies 6

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Dan -

If I understand your post correctly, you are running the Message Store Configuration wizard. All you need to do is select a message store to house the Unity_servername mailbox. This is the mailbox used to handle external caller voice messages. Hopefully you ran the permissions wizard in advance for this store, also for any store that will house Unity subscriber mailboxes.

Ginger

Ginger,

You are correct we are running the message Store configuration wizard. We have done everything up to this point. I am at the point to select a message store problem though I have 7 different message stores on our Exchange 2007 cluster and it's setup in alphabetical message stores (a thru e and so on)for subscriber mailboxes. The question remains do i need to generate the e2k7script for each mailbox store? I can see all the stores in the wizard but can only choose one. Do I need to create the script for each mailbox store? The Cisco doc's do not mention what to do for multiple mailbox stores. Now, I'm assuming someone else in the unified messaging world has an exchange 2007 with multiple email stores and has tackled this already. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan -

My only experience in working with Unity and Exchange 2007 was in a lab, but in this environment, our Exchange 2007 server had multiple storage groups. This is common is any Exchange environment for managing the distribution of user mailboxes. You only need to run the script for the single mail store that will house the Unity_servername mailbox. The wizard creates this account and the inbox is placed on the mail store you select. The permissions wizard is where you have to select each message store to ensure the unitymsgstoresvc account gets the correct access for any Unity subscribers on those stores.

Hope this helps! Ginger

Ginger,

We're going to try the install again next week and according to our telephony consultant cisco is updating there documentaton to reflect this change. He has been working with TAC to get this information also. I will let you know how we make out later next week. Thanks for the information.

Dan

Just to clarify, you only need to the script once on the one mail server and it will work for all mailservers?

Hi -

The PowerShell scripts create Exchange mailboxes that Unity cannot create directly on Exchange (the partner server) - these are the Unity specific mailboxes like Unity_servername; Usbms_servername mailbox etc. during the Message Store Configuration wizard. You only need to run this once.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: