Views
Helpful
Replies

Multilingual Unity Connection

nowcommsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there!

We recently performed an upgrade on our Unity Connection system under CUCM Business Edition so that we could provide UK English support for all users, and subsequently we moved the system default to UK English for everyone.

A slightly unexpected effect of this was that everyone lost their greetings! And upon further reading we found this to be 'normal' behaviour because all user's can have multilingual support for greetings.

Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer all old greetings to the UK greeting area on Unity (bearing in mind that it's the Linux variant); or if that isn't possible, is there any way of turning off the setting in the phone menu that allows users to record a greeting in either language - so they can only record a new greeting in UK English? We could see this confusing certain customers!

Any help or opinions appreciated!

Mike.

4 Replies 4

It does help! Thanks! Unfortunately without looking myself id be interested to know if anyone knows how to remove us English from the active list?

Thanks!

Hi Mike,

Here is the UC 1.x method. I'm still looking for the 2.x method. I'll post it up when I find it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/1x/release/notes/mig/111lang.html#wp38934

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

I see now why this is so tough! There does not seem to be any documented method to do this :( I'm sorry my friend but I have looked everywhere that I can think of and no go. There was another similar thread but I'm not sure about the method?

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&topicID=.ee835d2&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddecafe

Rob

Maybe a TAC case is in order. There must be some way to do this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: