I am running Unity 4.0.3 with Exchange2k offbox. I ran into an issue with the Exchange server and Unity was running without the message store for a few days. During the Exchange server outage I noticed some strange functionality issues on Unity, and since I have never ran Unity without the message store before so I don't know if these are normal behaviors when the message store is offline. Below is a list of issues that I encountered when the Exchange server is offline.
1) Message Waiting Light was "stuck" in position it was in when outage occurred
2) Users could not change outgoing greeting
3) Users could not change forwarding set prior to outage within Unity
4) Users could not send messages from their Unity mailbox to other users or Public Distribution Lists from their mailboxes.
5) Users could not delete messages in their mailboxes
6) We could not change passwords, set up new users, lock users from accessing their mailboxes (Administrative areas).
Any advice/inputs is highly appreciated !!!
Thanks very much !!!