Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC configuration

mercercounty
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need a little more info. I have the controller setup and the APs are all registering. However I need some more info regarding the Dynamic interfaces. It is my understanding that for wireless clients to communicate across the network I have to have a Dynamic Interface assigned. This interface is supposed to be on a different VLAN and subnet than all the other interfaces. So my question is do I have to set this VLAN up on the switch the controller is connected to or does the controller take care of passing the traffic from the VLAN my wireless clients are on to the VLAN my LAN uses?

THanks

1 Reply 1

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

The switch ports that the controller connect to need to be trunking 802.1q and passing the vlans in question. It is recommended that you prune all unneeded vlans from the trunk going to the controller. You will put the vlan # in the interface settings when you create a dynamic interface. You will then create a wlan and bind it to the dynamic interface on the controller.

wlan|dynamic interface|vlan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: