Views
Helpful
Replies

Single CUE dial-in access

pvarenholt
Level 5
Level 5

Have small campus with multiple CUE.

Trying to provide single dial-in access via 800 number.

Unable to redirect to vm prompt to get to enter your id.

keep getting there is no mailbox associated with this extension.

There's got to be a way to do this.

Can someone help please?

Thanks,

Paul.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

this what u looking for?

Calling into Voice Mail to Retrieve Messages

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/design/design21/cuevmdes.html#wp1008337

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

rseiler
Level 3
Level 3

I assume you have a single router that terminates the PSTN for the incoming 800 number?

Are you running CME or CUCM with the CUE?

Please send that config or the relevant portions of that config.

How does that central router send calls to the remote CUE modules? H323? SIP?

Do you want this 800 number to only ask for an extension?

How will you send the call to the correct CUE?

This will most likely be a custom script on one of your CUE modules that will terminate all inbound 800 calls.

I have an idea. Send me the info...

Thanks for your response.

Just realized that a while back had the same problem and posted question.

figured it out myself by usin gthe system script voicebrowser.aef and did a call subflow to this and whenever you dial in from outside this presents the enter your id.

However, whenever once you land in the CM world and get redirected that RDNIS info is preserved and passed to CUE and all CUE knows is that there should be a mailbox associated with this due to the fact that you are invoking the voicebrowser.aef and since there is no mailbox associated with this it freaks out and goes to the error message and tells you the obvious.

Now as far as the config goes i have a single 800 number coming in via PRI on 323 GW and have UCM / CUE integration.

Once it hits the router i have AA that says if you are in location 1 press 1, location2 press 2 and so on.

location 1 works as it is local and i get presented with enter your id.

However, when pressing option 2 i have to do a call redirect step to the other site.

I've created the voicemail.aef script which just accepts the call and does a call subflow to the voicebrowser.aef which you would think would play enter your id but because of the RDNIS thing it won't work.

If you got an idea i'm all ears man as this is killing me.....

Thanks again.

Paul.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: