Replies

Disable ISDN connection message on console

paa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have a router with two E1 PRI, so I have a many mesage on the console like

"%ISDN-6-CONNECT: Interface Serial0/0/0:17 is now connected to" and

"%ISDN-6-DISCONNECT: Interface Serial0/0/1:6 disconnected from". This message make me problem with debugging. How can I disable this type of message and leave only debug message logging?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HI, [Pls Rate if HELPS]

All logs that are availble in "sh log" of Router will be displayed on the Console Screen when you are connected via Console with a PC / Laptop.

Nevertheless, for the debug commands you need to enable "term mon" in addition.

Note: This is an IOS feature defined in Console Access, since console access are availed only on a Critical Condictions like IOS Upgrade / Change, any Major Network Changes that involves losing of connectivity to the Network, etc.,

The "sh log" message are reported on the Console Screen to instantly address the problem to the Engineer.

Hope I am Informative.

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI, [Pls Rate if HELPS]

#undebug all

Will disable all the debugging that are enabled before.

#term no mon

Will disable the logs showing on the Terminal itself.

You need to enable only required debugging format, if the debugging command that you enabled includes "connect" & "disconnect" message means then its an IOS Feature.

Hope I am Informative.

Pls Rate if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

It is not what I want. I know how to disable all loggin (no deb all) and disable to output it to console (term no mon). If you'll connect to console of any cisco router/switch and start plug-unplug cable from port, you'll see a message like "port up/port down etc". I want to stop output THIS type of message, but leave ability to see any other messages (like debug).

HI, [Pls Rate if HELPS]

All logs that are availble in "sh log" of Router will be displayed on the Console Screen when you are connected via Console with a PC / Laptop.

Nevertheless, for the debug commands you need to enable "term mon" in addition.

Note: This is an IOS feature defined in Console Access, since console access are availed only on a Critical Condictions like IOS Upgrade / Change, any Major Network Changes that involves losing of connectivity to the Network, etc.,

The "sh log" message are reported on the Console Screen to instantly address the problem to the Engineer.

Hope I am Informative.

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

It's a little bit late for the original question, but in case someone else stops by and this works for them, use the logging discriminator commands:

logging discriminator NOISDN severity drops 6 facility drops ISDN msg-body drops connected

logging buffered discriminator NOISDN

logging console discriminator NOISDN

logging monitor discriminator NOISDN

I found it originally on this online blog:

http://internetworking.hu/2011/05/filtering-isdn-interface-connects/

Never too late dude (-:

thanks

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use this command on the serial interface for the PRI to ignore the connect/disconnect messages

interface serial 1/0:23

no logging event link-status

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: