Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Patterns and Abbreviated Dialling

David Rickard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have Callmanager 5.1(3). We have an existing Siemens ISDX-S system, which makes use of what it calls 'System Abbreviated Dialling' - a user can dial #6xxx, and this is looked up in a table and dialled for the user. Most of ours go to mobile phones and some of our other off-site offices.

I can sort of emulate this functionality by creating translation patterns. The trouble is, if I dial #6xxx, on screen on my phone, I see the number I'm connected to, i.e. the mobile number I'm actually dialling. We don't want this to happen, as these often go to personal numbers. Is it possible to mask these numbers, or is there some other way of doing this? I've looked and can't find much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

On the translation pattern itself have you set the Connected Line ID presentation to restricted under the header "Connected Party Transformation"?

I believe this should give you the desired results:

Connected Line Identification-Provides the calling party with the connected party's phone number on a display.

•Connected Name Identification-Provides the calling party with the connected party's name on a display

Cisco CallManager uses connected line ID presentation (COLP/COLR) as a supplementary service to allow or restrict the called party's phone number on a call-by-call basis.

Choose whether you want Cisco CallManager to allow or restrict the display of the connected party's phone number on the calling party's phone display for this translation pattern

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

On the translation pattern itself have you set the Connected Line ID presentation to restricted under the header "Connected Party Transformation"?

I believe this should give you the desired results:

Connected Line Identification-Provides the calling party with the connected party's phone number on a display.

•Connected Name Identification-Provides the calling party with the connected party's name on a display

Cisco CallManager uses connected line ID presentation (COLP/COLR) as a supplementary service to allow or restrict the called party's phone number on a call-by-call basis.

Choose whether you want Cisco CallManager to allow or restrict the display of the connected party's phone number on the calling party's phone display for this translation pattern

Ah, yes, that works.

I had (for some odd reason) set Calling Line ID Presentation and Calling Name Presentation to restricted. I'd set the wrong ones.

That's excellent, thankyou for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: