Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog issue

Manoj Wadhwa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

I need your help regarding syslogs. We noticed that syslogs are not reflecting interfaces down or Admin shut events though logging seems to be properly configured. For example...below is the config on the router

logging buffered 10000 debugging

logging facility local1

logging source-interface Loopback10

logging xxxxx

On one of the interfaces Fa9/47, if i do a unshut and shut again, i only get the below logs on the router

May 7 17:53:35.222 Singapo: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by xxxxx onvty0 (xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx)

However it does not reflect the port went down and came up. The device we are using is cisco CISCO7609.

If anyone of you have come across this, please share your suggestions. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Manoj

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Manoj

I suggest that you try this in the interface configuration:

logging event link-status

Give it a try and let us know if it helps.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

robv
Level 1
Level 1

check: higher severity logging and that you're generating events for interface up/down.

config:

global - logg severity 6

interface - logg event link-status

might help you.

for snmptraps per interface event, drill down there is also applicable syntax (which escapes me at the moment, sorry).

good luck!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Manoj

I suggest that you try this in the interface configuration:

logging event link-status

Give it a try and let us know if it helps.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

robv
Level 1
Level 1

check: higher severity logging and that you're generating events for interface up/down.

config:

global - logg severity 6

interface - logg event link-status

might help you.

for snmptraps per interface event, drill down there is also applicable syntax (which escapes me at the moment, sorry).

good luck!

Hi Rick/ Rob,

You both were right. I enabled "Logging event link-status default" under global config mode and started receiving interface logs on the router. Thanks a lot for your assistance. Cheers!

Regards,

Manoj

Manoj

I am glad that you got it resolved. Thank you for posting back to the forum and indicating that it was resolved and what the solution was. It makes the forum more useful when people can read about a problem and can know what did resolve the problem. And thanks for the rating.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: