cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME - Ability to browse voicemail on phone?

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

I've just read a paraagraph in some ciso documentation that reads:

• Ability to view, sort, search, and play back voice messages using the display of a Cisco Unified IP Phone or your e-mail client

I know how the email client works, but how would I 'browse' my voicemail on, for example, a 7941 or 7931? (Thats running over a UC520)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

The feature you're referring to is called Voiceview express and is available to CCME and CUE users.

Voice View Express allows users to browse, listen, send messages, and manage their voice mail messages from their Cisco IP phone display and soft keys. Instead of dialing into the telephone user interface, you can use the screen of your phone to select which messages (and in which order) you want to listen to.

I'm not sure if this feature is available for the UC500 product range.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

The feature you're referring to is called Voiceview express and is available to CCME and CUE users.

Voice View Express allows users to browse, listen, send messages, and manage their voice mail messages from their Cisco IP phone display and soft keys. Instead of dialing into the telephone user interface, you can use the screen of your phone to select which messages (and in which order) you want to listen to.

I'm not sure if this feature is available for the UC500 product range.

Hi Huw,

Just to add a note to the good info from Dez (5 points for your good work Dez!)

Overview of VoiceView Express

The VoiceView Express feature allows voice-mail subscribers to browse, listen, send messages, and manage their voice mail messages from their Cisco IP phone display and soft keys. This feature is an alternative to the telephone user interface (TUI) for performing common tasks.

VoiceView Express is available on the Cisco advanced integration module (AIM) and on the network modules NM-CUE and NM-CUE-EC.

VoiceView Express is available for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express and Cisco Unified Communications Manager systems. VoiceView is not available in Cisco Unified Communications Manager SRST mode.

Only Cisco IP phones 7940, 7941, 7960, 7961, 7970, and 7971 support VoiceView Express.

VoiceView Express is enabled by default.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_1/administration/guide/voicemail/7vview.html

Q. Does the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series support e-mail integration and

Cisco Unity Express VoiceView Express?

A. Yes, the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series supports Internet Mail Access Protocol

(IMAP) integration and VoiceView Express the same way as a network module of Cisco Unity

Express on Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns339/ns637/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd806122df.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

What can I say but thanks Rob! I've learnt that the UC 500 series do support voiceview thanks to you.

Cheers.

Darren

Hi Darren,

My Bad!

My sincere apologies for getting your name wrong :( I feel like an A#!

I have read many of your good posts and always thought;

Good one Dez!

I will not make this mistake again, I promise :)

Take care and thanks!

Rob

LOL :-)

Sorry Rob, my nickname is dezoconnor but my christian name is Darren. Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you indeed gentlemen! Well you learn a new thing every day here dont you

Cheers :)

Hi Huw,

You are most welcome! Hope I didn't get your name wrong as well :)

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: