cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2106 wlc different vlan accessibility

Ayenachew
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1 2106 wlc 6 1131AG LAPs that are going to be placed in three vlans. All three vlans are created and configured on a 3550G switch.

I created two additional virtual interfaces on the WLC, tagged it with appropriate vlan number and connected the port with untagged vlan identifier to a dot1q enabled trunk port on the 3550 switch. That is,

man int - untagged, port 1

vlan2, tagged -2, port 2,3

vlan3, tagged -3, port 4,5

vlan4, tagged - 3, port 6

and port 1 is connected to a trunk port on the 3550G switch with dot1q.

I am not able to reach the created vlan interfaces on the WLC !?1?!

Kindly help?

2 Replies 2

jeff.velten
Level 1
Level 1

AFAIK, the dynamic interfaces have to be physically connected, the WLC doesn't act as a switch in that fashion. So you either need to plug in ports 2-6 to the 3550, or re-assign the dynamic interfaces for the VLANs to port 1.

jeff.velten, wouldn't that break the very use of the WLC? documents I referred from cisco recommend to connect the WLC to a trunked port. Like here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00805e7a24.shtml

So how are the vlan tags from the wlc not passed on to the trunk port? Is there something I missed, somewhere?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card