cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Generating report

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

how able to generate report about interface configuration from multiple routers.

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You really can't. You can search configurations for patterns, and you can even do baseline comparisons. However, there is no one report that will give you the interface configuration for, say all FastEthernet interfaces. The closest would be to use Netshow to get the config for a given interface. For example, you could run a custom Netshow command using the command "show run interface fa0/0", and apply that to all devices which have an Fa0/0 interface. This will give you the configuration of all Fa0/0 interfaces.

You can also use baseline compliance if you want to check to make sure every interface has a certain configuration command under it. For example, you can find all interfaces with "no ip route-cache" (assume this is a bad command, and you would rather NOT have interfaces have this command) by creating a template with the following parameters:

Submode: interface [INT]

Template:

- no ip route-cache

This would show you all devices which have "no ip route-cache" under an interface.

Thank you so much, actually..on my trial and error, finally I came to net show and use custom command . the outcome was great!! I got

confidence when you suggest the same thing.

thank you Sir!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: