Views
Helpful
Replies

WebVPN Java Applet

mvadayilbmc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We've got a ASA 5520. Till late afternoon today everything was working fine with the Web VPN. All of a sudden once the users get conected through WebvPN the Java applet comes up and it goes into a hang state, without any port forwarded IP's listed in the applet. I tried clearing cache and other stuffs as mentioned on the cisco website, but no luck. I've got another ASA 5510 and evrything seems to work fine on that. We've configured port forwarding for our servers. I'm attaching the config for reference.

I don't understand what went wrong. I used the capture command on the firewall to figure out what going wrong, but unfortunately I don't know where the file is getting saved.

Also can you please tell me, whether the WebVPN has any expiry period, since i'm using ASA 7.0(7) version it is mentioned on the cisco site that it is free trial and for future releases it has to be purchased.

Any light on this problem will be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Rgds,

Mathew

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Try clearing the cache and also upgrading the version of java used.

Refer the following url for configuring and troubleshooting webvpn:

CONFIURATION GUIDE: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa70/configuration/guide/webvpn.html

Troubleshooting guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa70/configuration/guide/trouble.html#wp1042031

Thanks for your response. The problem has been resolved. We figured out that the page was not getting loaded because of a huge number of packet drops on the Internet Link. We logged a complaint with the ISP and they rectified it.

Everything looks good now.

Thanks,

Mathew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card