Helpful
Replies

Ethernet Bridging with AP1510

lomonaco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have the following scenario:

Two L2 Switches using a 1GB Fiber in a factory. I'm thinking use two AP 1510 as a Backup link between these two L2 Switches.

Can I do that ? I didn't find any documentation about that...

I had problem in my lab cause the 1510 are not forwarding the BPDU packets (STP) and both ports in my switch are forwarding...

Thanks in Advanced

Andre Lomonaco

10 Replies 10

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Andre,

Yes - you could do that, and the possible reason in your lab why the STP was not forwarding is, as default setting under the dot11radio 0 & 1 and ethernet interfaces is:-

bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled

If you removed this - spanning-tree should work fine.

HTH.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks a lot for you reply

I think is not possible to configure the 1500 series using CLI.

Can you send me how can i get the same configuration (bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled)using the Controller GUI ??

Thanks in Advanced,

Andre Lomonaco

Hey Andre,

Ahhh OK - the 1500 is LWAPP then? What version of software are you running on your WLC?

Andre,

I have just done a quick search in CCO and found the below, which I think will answer all your questions:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008072ea79.shtml

HTH.

Hi Andrew,

I think I found what's is happening but I can't find a solution yet.

I make a lab using 2 switches, one crossover cable and 2 AP 1510 and 1 controller 2106.

When the crossover is connect, everthing works.. but when i disconnect the crossover cable, the AP don't send a LWAPP Discover packet using Wireless. I think the AP keeps send the LWAPP Discover packet using LAN cause it doesn't know that the LAN are not more avaliable

I wanna know how can i force the AP sends the LWAPP Discover packet using both LAN and Wireless

Thanks a lot for yours replys...

My Best Regards,

Andre Lomonaco

Andre,

In your configuration of the WLC, is your "LWAPP Transport Mode" Layer 2 or Layer 3 ?

Andre,

Also in your WLC do you have "OTAP" Over The Air provisioning enabled?

This will allow an AP to associate with the WLC from an AP that is already associated. Sounds like what you want to do.

HTH.

Hi,

Are your 1510 in RAP or MAP mode? In RAP, the AP will only use its LAN cable to get to a controller. In MAP, it will try to use both, preferring the cable if possible. It will use its radio, but just to go through a RAP and find the controller...

OTAP might be useful to provide the WLC address, but it won't solve the issue of finding this controller...

hth

Jerome

Hi Andrew and Jeromehenry

Thanks a lot for your help

Here the informations:

WLC 2100 4.0.206

We are using LWAPP Transport Mode Layer 3

I think OTAP not works in WLC 2100

The 1510 near the controller is using RAP mode and the other controller is using MAP

What we are trying to do today.

Implement a filter in Switches to deny LWAPP packets to force the association between

the APs use only the wireless, not the cable.

Thanks a lot again,

My Best Regards,

Andre Lomonaco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card