cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

set BAUD 9600 error - vb:: no such device

ed.bonnell
Level 1
Level 1

2960 switch: To speed up XMODEM, I changed the console port speed to 115200, but did not set it back to 9600 right away. Now I cannot. The console port is stuck at 115200. I boot into bootloader mode (switch: prompt) and can see the commands, but when I type set BAUD 9600, I get vb:: no such device. I had just upgraded the IOS to current. I have tried resetting the switch, nothing works.

4 Replies 4

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

This warning message always appears when we change Mirage baud rate at the boot loader prompt after a baud rate change recovery by issuing password-reset CLI. This is considered as minor issue but needs to be fixed since the user sees it every time doing baud rate

lliska
Level 1
Level 1

Try this:

1. boot to ROMMON

2. flash_init + load_helper

3. set_bs bs: rw ...sets read-write attribute to boot sector

4. unset BAUD

5. flash_init

6. set_param ...saves parameters to memory

7. set_bs bs: ro ...sets boot sector back to read-only

8. boot

Lubomir

Regarding:

=====================================

Aug 10, 2009 9:02 AM (in response to ed.bonnell)

Re: set BAUD 9600 error - vb:: no such device

Try this:

1. boot to ROMMON

2. flash_init + load_helper

3. set_bs bs: rw  ...sets read-write attribute to boot sector

4. unset BAUD

5. flash_init 

6. set_param  ...saves parameters to memory

7. set_bs bs: ro  ...sets boot sector back to read-only

8. boot

Lubomir

====================================

These steps from Lubomir worked for resetting the baud rate back to 9600 on a switch that kept going back to 115200 baud not matter what was done. 

TRIED -> The running-config was modify to not have "speed 115200".

TRIED -> Went into ROMMON  and did the "unset BAUD" and this appeared to keep the 9600 baud after the "boot", but as soon as a "reload" was done the 115200 baud was back in the running-config and the ROMMON "set" results. 

It was not until the steps above from Lubomir in which the flash_init and set_param etc were done that the switch kept the 9600 baud after a "reload"

Thank you for the help

One other thing to mention is that the BAUD command is case sensitive. The first time I tried this I was using "baud" in lower case, which did not work.

Thank you, Lubomir!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card