cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

make outgoing calls

dom.a
Level 1
Level 1

i just setup correctly my voice gateway and the caal manager. Both device can communicate i think. Now i want to know what is the minimum configuration i have to complete in the CCM in order to make outgoing to PSTN call and receiving call from PSTN.

Materials :

CCM 4.1

voice gateway cisco 2801 with VWIC-2MFT-E1

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

great news, for the incoming as i mentioned all you need to configure is the incoming CSS and the significant digits under the GW config

the CSS needs to reach the phones and the significant digits how many are you going to use

ie, if you receive 10 digits but you only use the last 4, set the significant digits to 4.

if you already receive 4 and have DIDs then there is really no need

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

in first place configure the gateway using MGCP or H323

for outgoing configure a route group and add the GW

then create a route list and add the route group

create a route pattern and assign to it the route list

for incoming configure the significant digits and the incoming CSS to reach the phones

if H323 make sure you have the necessary dial-peers configured

you can go thru this doc for a better understanding

Call Routing in Cisco Unified CallManager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/4x/42dialpl.html#wp1043613

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi

Thks for this document.

In your reply i cannot understand what you mean by "for incoming configure the significant digits and the incoming CSS to reach the phones".

Could you please be more explicit ?

I use a MGCP Gateway, so do you mean that all configuration about 'dial-peer voice' in the voice gateway are irrelevant ?

Regards

MGCP does not use voip dial-peers, go to the GW or endpoint config in CUCM and you will find those parameters

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi,

I'm trying to configure a route group, but there is no device in the Available Devices list box.

The voice gateway is still well registered in the CCM. Is there something missing in gateway parameters ?

Regards

Hi,

I have resolved the problem. A previous route pattern not well configured was using this gateway. I have sorted this out. Now i can make outgoing call. I'm trying now to configure incoming call.

Regards

great news, for the incoming as i mentioned all you need to configure is the incoming CSS and the significant digits under the GW config

the CSS needs to reach the phones and the significant digits how many are you going to use

ie, if you receive 10 digits but you only use the last 4, set the significant digits to 4.

if you already receive 4 and have DIDs then there is really no need

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: