Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TI line

Hi,

Today I inserted a WIC to my Cisco 3745 router.

WIC inserted : VWIC-2MFT-T1

We would be using the 2 T1 slots for Data lines. My configuration for the line is as given below :

controller T1 0/2/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24

!

& Serial Configuration :

interface Serial0/2/0:0

ip address 192.168.248.9 255.255.255.252

!

But post this, my interface status shows :

Serial0/2/0:0 is up, line protocol is down

What mighht be the issue?

In case of a bi-directional loop provdided by the SP, I am able to see the loop at both ends But on normalising the loop I see the status as "Serial up & line protocol down".

8 Replies 8

lamav
Level 8
Level 8

Make sure the configs for both ends are compatible.

Make sure both ends are set for ESF and B8ZS, and have the correct number of DS0s (timeslots).

Also, since this is a point to point, make sure one end is set for internal timing and the other to line.

HTH

Victor

lamav
Level 8
Level 8

Make sure the configs for both ends are compatible.

Make sure both ends are set for ESF and B8ZS, and have the correct number of DS0s (timeslots).

Also, since this is a point to point, make sure one end is set for internal timing and the other to line.

HTH

Victor

Yes I have confirmed with the SP about the settings of ESF & B8ZS. Also, I've set "clock source line" at one end & "clock source internal" at the other end.

I had a bidirectional loop provided & I could see the loop at both ends howevr when the loop is dropped I once again see "interface up & line protocol down".

Shoot.....timeslots the same?

I have been in a situation where the SP doesnt normalize the circuit correctly after testing. Maybe thats happening....

Interesting....

Victor

What do I do next ?

Have you tried instering the card in a diffrent slot.

Deepa

Would you post the configuration of the controller and the interface and also post the output of show interface and show controller? If we had this information we might help to identify the problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I included the speed stettings of 64kbps in the controller & the interfaces came up.

Thanks!

Can you please provide me a link which explains a t1 & e1 pri line configuration ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card