Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dynamips help

is any body suggest me, what router ios will support for switching like rstp stp n glbp. to use in dynamips emulator

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My Dynamips:

Rack1SW1#sh ver | i IOS

Cisco IOS Software, 3600 Software (C3640-IK9S-M), Version 12.4(17), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Rack1SW1#conf t

Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.

Rack1SW1(config)#spanning-tree ?

backbonefast Enable BackboneFast Feature

portfast Spanning tree portfast options

uplinkfast Enable UplinkFast Feature

vlan VLAN Switch Spanning Tree

Rack1SW1(config)#spanning-tree

As you see, I have uplinkfast and backbonefast available.

Can I change the mode to RSTP? No.

But I have the features available that makes up RSTP.

BTW, you are only available to run CST (Common Spanning Tree) on Dynamips not PVST nor RPVST.

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

In my CCNP days, there was no such thing as dynamips so I can't really offer much guidance as to the extend of help this product can provide.

However, I must say, it should help you around 80% to 85% of the general task. The 15% to 20% is mostly due to switching but you should be able to perform 100% of routing tasks.

For switching task which you can't do in dynamips, I recommend renting a rack for a day or two. They are quite cheap. Just google for 'CCIE Rental Racks'.

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

None, it does not emulate switches.

i know dynamips will not emulate switches but when we include 16 port eth. card it will, now i want 2 know witch ios (router) will support max commands of switching lab i.e. 3550,3560 switch commands.i think u hav an idea which searis of routers dynamips supports,becoz i want to practice ccnp bcmsn lab on dynamips.ok

thank u for ur reply

This is a forum where most of the dynamips Que can be ans.

Check the topic below.

http://7200emu.hacki.at/viewtopic.php?t=5276

Let me know if it does help you

thank u pravin,

i know that forum i already checked it but unfortunatly i did not get 100 % result..

any how thank u once again plz keep in touch

madan

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My Dynamips:

Rack1SW1#sh ver | i IOS

Cisco IOS Software, 3600 Software (C3640-IK9S-M), Version 12.4(17), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Rack1SW1#conf t

Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.

Rack1SW1(config)#spanning-tree ?

backbonefast Enable BackboneFast Feature

portfast Spanning tree portfast options

uplinkfast Enable UplinkFast Feature

vlan VLAN Switch Spanning Tree

Rack1SW1(config)#spanning-tree

As you see, I have uplinkfast and backbonefast available.

Can I change the mode to RSTP? No.

But I have the features available that makes up RSTP.

BTW, you are only available to run CST (Common Spanning Tree) on Dynamips not PVST nor RPVST.

HTH,

__

Edison.

hai Edison,

thank u very much 4 ur reply.1 more ?.for my ccnp preparation how much dynamips will help me.am i able to run r test all the labs whitch is in ccnp i.e. bsci, bcmsn,iscw and ont.

thank u

madan

In my CCNP days, there was no such thing as dynamips so I can't really offer much guidance as to the extend of help this product can provide.

However, I must say, it should help you around 80% to 85% of the general task. The 15% to 20% is mostly due to switching but you should be able to perform 100% of routing tasks.

For switching task which you can't do in dynamips, I recommend renting a rack for a day or two. They are quite cheap. Just google for 'CCIE Rental Racks'.

HTH,

__

Edison.

hai

thank u very much my friend

madan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card