Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dynamips help

is any body suggest me, what router ios will support for switching like rstp stp n glbp. to use in dynamips emulator

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My Dynamips:

Rack1SW1#sh ver | i IOS

Cisco IOS Software, 3600 Software (C3640-IK9S-M), Version 12.4(17), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Rack1SW1#conf t

Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.

Rack1SW1(config)#spanning-tree ?

backbonefast Enable BackboneFast Feature

portfast Spanning tree portfast options

uplinkfast Enable UplinkFast Feature

vlan VLAN Switch Spanning Tree

Rack1SW1(config)#spanning-tree

As you see, I have uplinkfast and backbonefast available.

Can I change the mode to RSTP? No.

But I have the features available that makes up RSTP.

BTW, you are only available to run CST (Common Spanning Tree) on Dynamips not PVST nor RPVST.

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

In my CCNP days, there was no such thing as dynamips so I can't really offer much guidance as to the extend of help this product can provide.

However, I must say, it should help you around 80% to 85% of the general task. The 15% to 20% is mostly due to switching but you should be able to perform 100% of routing tasks.

For switching task which you can't do in dynamips, I recommend renting a rack for a day or two. They are quite cheap. Just google for 'CCIE Rental Racks'.

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

None, it does not emulate switches.

i know dynamips will not emulate switches but when we include 16 port eth. card it will, now i want 2 know witch ios (router) will support max commands of switching lab i.e. 3550,3560 switch commands.i think u hav an idea which searis of routers dynamips supports,becoz i want to practice ccnp bcmsn lab on dynamips.ok

thank u for ur reply

This is a forum where most of the dynamips Que can be ans.

Check the topic below.

http://7200emu.hacki.at/viewtopic.php?t=5276

Let me know if it does help you

thank u pravin,

i know that forum i already checked it but unfortunatly i did not get 100 % result..

any how thank u once again plz keep in touch

madan

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My Dynamips:

Rack1SW1#sh ver | i IOS

Cisco IOS Software, 3600 Software (C3640-IK9S-M), Version 12.4(17), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Rack1SW1#conf t

Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.

Rack1SW1(config)#spanning-tree ?

backbonefast Enable BackboneFast Feature

portfast Spanning tree portfast options

uplinkfast Enable UplinkFast Feature

vlan VLAN Switch Spanning Tree

Rack1SW1(config)#spanning-tree

As you see, I have uplinkfast and backbonefast available.

Can I change the mode to RSTP? No.

But I have the features available that makes up RSTP.

BTW, you are only available to run CST (Common Spanning Tree) on Dynamips not PVST nor RPVST.

HTH,

__

Edison.

hai Edison,

thank u very much 4 ur reply.1 more ?.for my ccnp preparation how much dynamips will help me.am i able to run r test all the labs whitch is in ccnp i.e. bsci, bcmsn,iscw and ont.

thank u

madan

In my CCNP days, there was no such thing as dynamips so I can't really offer much guidance as to the extend of help this product can provide.

However, I must say, it should help you around 80% to 85% of the general task. The 15% to 20% is mostly due to switching but you should be able to perform 100% of routing tasks.

For switching task which you can't do in dynamips, I recommend renting a rack for a day or two. They are quite cheap. Just google for 'CCIE Rental Racks'.

HTH,

__

Edison.

hai

thank u very much my friend

madan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card