cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 4404 4.2.112.0 alarm LED

eddig
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone please tell me the reason for the alarm LED being on constantly red?

I have checked cisco documentation but it says it is software dependant. I am running version 4.2.112.0 on the controller, I also have 6 other controllers runinng the same software with no problems and I can't see any difference between them.

5 Replies 5

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

Have you checked the status of your sfp ports? This is usually an indicator of a port down. If you are using LAG you might not notice it down.

Thanks for the reply. I have checked the controller and all four ports are up.

How about temperature and fan status?

I have done a show sysinfo from the command line and it shows that both PSU's are up and the fans are running fine, it also shows that the temperature is 42oC which is well within the operating alram limit. This is really frustrating as I can't see any differences between the controllers, I am beginning to think that this may be either a faulty LED or there is something else fundamentally wrong with the hardware. I think this may have to be RMA'd. The reason I posted the question in the first place is that the cisco website says that the LED is software dependant but then it doesn't give any info for the individual software releases.

Thanks for replying again

I think you're right. I'd call TAC and see about an RMA. I'm picky about my alert LEDs working right. :) This would drive me nuts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: