cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame-relay network as backup

sandeepatel
Level 1
Level 1

Core consist of 6509 where all the access vlans has been configured.

Access vlan ips - 10.0.0.0 range.

server vlan 172.21.0.0 as mentioned in dia.

Backbone router consist of 7200 series router where all the branch office at terminated through FR link.

EIGRP config has been mentioned in brief network diagram.

We hv got TLS service from verizon for three of our location i.e for core(100Mbps) and two of branch office(10Mbps). Am not very sure about the TLS and also confirmed that it work as regular 802.1q trunk.

I wanted to know as how can I configure the Branch office Vlan on Core and make the TLS as the primary link for two of our branch office without any major EIGRP routing changes. The Brachoffice 1 & 2 will still remain on Frame-relay Also would like to use existing Frame-relay ckt at the branch as a backup to TLS for Branch office 3 &4 ?

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

I've given a quick look at your network diagram.

I think you should get what you want just with default configuration:

the FE link of TLS services and its subinterfaces should have better parameters i.e. lower delay and higher bandwidth.

even the ethernet interfaces at branch offices are preferred over the serial links for the same reasons.

If your branch LAN subnets are in net 172.50.0.0 you don't face any issue with auto-summary that is enabled on them.

Just an advice you are using network 172.50.0.0 that is outside RFC 1918 (range is 172.16-31.0.0) and so these are public networks.

hope to help

Giuseppe

sorry for the network mentioned. am using the subnet of private range.

Thx.highly appreciate it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco