Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS - Antenna Orientation for 1130's

james.lynes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to understand how to place the Access points on the WCS map with the right oruentation. I am unsure which way is up??

Also on the 1130's access points. Which side is "Side A".

Many thanks

3 Replies 3

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

When you go into Maps, and then used the select command pull down to Position APs.Then Click on a AP in the Map.

Then on the side bar, you should see the AP/Antenna picture and beneath that the Antenna Orientation diagram. This will allow you to enter 0-360 degree in the value box and it will change the direction of the antenna. The circle diagram will show where the direction is pointing to.

Hi,

Thanks, i can see where you change it on the WCS, however what i need to know is how do you know what angle to put in.

How would i differentiate between an access point that is on the wall facing the room, to an access point on the ceiling facing the floor.

I dont know what the 0⁰ would represent.

Sorry if this does not make any sense, i don't really know how to explain what i am after.

For an 1131 or any omni directional antenna you need not worry about angle or direction on the WCS map. Only for the 1000 series or a 1242 etc with external patch or directional antennae do you need to worry. On the 1000 series the arrow pointer is the way the "A" side of the radio is pointed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card