Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP communicator

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've installed ip communicator in the labtop, after restarting the labtop, and running ip communicator, I've got error message "audio device is not compatible". Then I've tried different versions of communicator but the same error message. Is there anyway to fix this issue?

thanks

Alex

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Right click and go preferences, audio, select either device or "default windows". If still doesn't work, I wouldn't be able to say why.

thanks bevilacqua,

Right click where?

Anywhere on the screen if it starts. If it doesn't, I would not know what to suggest.

I read in troubleshoot document, it says download Cisco IP communicator Administration tool in the same site for software. I couldn't find Administration Tool. Do you know where I can download this tool?

thanks

Alex

not sure why you need that, i'd follow Paolo's recommendation of going into the preferences to check the audio device selected. but if you want to know it's in the zip file you already have for CIPC, when you unzip it the file should be in there.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: