Views
Helpful
Replies

database.pl failed

kfulen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all got this error message on the server info page.. any ideas? thanks

Can't locate loadable object for module perlDbEncrypt in @INC (@INC contains: C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/bin C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/lib C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/lib/perl/db C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/lib/perl/install C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/bin C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/lib/perl/db C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/lib/perl/db C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\objects\perl5\lib/MSWin32-x86 C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\objects\perl5\lib C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\lib C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\objects\perl5\site\lib/MSWin32-x86 C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\objects\perl5\site\lib C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\site\5.00502\lib C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\site\lib . C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/objects/perl/lib C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/cgi-bin/dbadmin/pdbadmin C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/objects/db C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/lib C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/bin) at C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/lib/perl/db/Cisco/DbUtils.pm line 72

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at database.pl line 20.

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of LMS is this?

kfulen
Level 1
Level 1

LMS 2.6

The file NMSROOT\objects\perl5\site\lib\perlDbEncrypt.pm must exist on your system, and have permissions for casuser. If this is not the case, your installation has been damaged.

I have it with the rights, whats next reinstall? 97% of LM works and one file is killing me...any way to repair it? thanks

Honestly, self test is 100% useless. I never ask customers to provide it, and I never trust what it says. So if everything else is working, you are probably okay to ignore this.

That said, this could still be symptomatic of a larger problem. Verify that NMSROOT\bin\perlDbEncrypt.dll exists and has proper permissions.

Yeah 98% of LM works, My backups and purges have issues..it is a old install without alot of patches so I might start over with it.. thanks for your help

Backups use Perl, and are VERY important. If that DLL is missing or damaged, you should consider reinstalling all of LMS to repair the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: