database.pl failed

Unanswered Question
May 8th, 2008
User Badges:

Hello all got this error message on the server info page.. any ideas? thanks

Can't locate loadable object for module perlDbEncrypt in @INC (@INC contains: C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/bin C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/lib C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/lib/perl/db C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/lib/perl/install C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/bin C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/lib/perl/db C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/lib/perl/db C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\objects\perl5\lib/MSWin32-x86 C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\objects\perl5\lib C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\lib C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\objects\perl5\site\lib/MSWin32-x86 C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\objects\perl5\site\lib C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\site\5.00502\lib C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\site\lib . C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/objects/perl/lib C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/cgi-bin/dbadmin/pdbadmin C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/objects/db C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/lib C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/bin) at C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx/lib/perl/db/Cisco/DbUtils.pm line 72

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at database.pl line 20.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Thu, 05/08/2008 - 08:50
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

What version of LMS is this?

Joe Clarke Thu, 05/08/2008 - 11:32
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

The file NMSROOT\objects\perl5\site\lib\perlDbEncrypt.pm must exist on your system, and have permissions for casuser. If this is not the case, your installation has been damaged.

kfulen Fri, 05/09/2008 - 11:25
User Badges:

I have it with the rights, whats next reinstall? 97% of LM works and one file is killing me...any way to repair it? thanks

Joe Clarke Fri, 05/09/2008 - 11:35
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Honestly, self test is 100% useless. I never ask customers to provide it, and I never trust what it says. So if everything else is working, you are probably okay to ignore this.

That said, this could still be symptomatic of a larger problem. Verify that NMSROOT\bin\perlDbEncrypt.dll exists and has proper permissions.

kfulen Fri, 05/09/2008 - 11:53
User Badges:

Yeah 98% of LM works, My backups and purges have issues..it is a old install without alot of patches so I might start over with it.. thanks for your help

Joe Clarke Fri, 05/09/2008 - 12:01
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Backups use Perl, and are VERY important. If that DLL is missing or damaged, you should consider reinstalling all of LMS to repair the problem.

Actions

This Discussion