Views
Helpful
Replies

CME interfacing another CME

valides007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Originally we had one CME in the network supporting 48 phones. Due to a change order the total number of phones jumped to 78. So we decided to add another CME to the network.

The 2 CMEs are connected to a cisco switch. Both CMEs are on the same VLan. I'm having some problems to interface both CMEs. I know about dial-peer, but it doesn't seem working here since the 2 CMEs are on the same switch and same VLAN. Any ideas of how to solve this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, all good but please don't change the value of dscp media from the standard of EF.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Normal voip DP config should do, what is the problem ?

valides007
Level 1
Level 1

well i don't know how to do voip DP.. Any idea for that?

Hi have you ever looked at the cisco documentation? search for example "dial-peer voip".

i know dial-peer command and i have used it before, but here there is no router interfacing the 2 CMEs. Basically they are on the same switch and same VLAN, so "session-target ipv4:10.1.30.100" commnand doesn't seem working. I think it's obvious since i only have layer 2 here.

hope you understand what i'm saying!

That should work. set codec g711u and no vad, also set incoming-called number xxx for the numbers you receive calls for.

Also if you set session protocol sipv2 under DP, it's easy to see what happens with "debug ccsip message" and "term mon".

You should define the follow to allow connections between the two CME, and define dail-peer voice.

I suppose the extensions of phone sets are 7XXX.

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

h323

!

voice rtp send-recv

!

dial-peer voice 200 voip

destination-pattern 7...

session target ipv4:10.xx.xx.xx

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

ip qos dscp cs5 media

no vad

Hi, all good but please don't change the value of dscp media from the standard of EF.

the problem has been resolved. Thank you guys.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: