cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones 7906 & 7911 not supported by CCM 4.1(3) ?

dom.a
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using a CCM 4.1(3) and i cannot register IP Phones 7906 & 7911. These are not available in 'Phone type drop-down list'. Is this CCM 4.1(3) can be upgrade to support these phones ? which patch ? how ?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Dominique,

No need to uninstall my friend :) Just install the new one and you should be good to go. Once that has been completed the 7906 will be available on the Device Defaults page.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

here you have the minimum requirements:

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7906G and 7911G Release Notes for Firmware Release 7.2(3) for Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7906g_7911g/firmware/7_2_3/english/release/notes/11R723sc.html

Supported CallManager Versions

This Cisco Unified IP Phone 7906G and 7911G firmware release is supported with the following Cisco Unified CallManager versions. If you are running Cisco Unified CallManager release 3.0, 3.1, or 3.2, you must upgrade to Cisco Unified CallManager release 3.3(5) or later before you install this firmware release.

•Cisco Unified CallManager version 3.3(5) SR1 or later

•Cisco Unified CallManager version 4.0(2a) SR2b or later

•Cisco Unified CallManager version 4.1(3) SR1 or later

and also you need ciscocm.4-1-DevPack-25.3.exe, or later

all the info is on the link

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi,

This patch ciscocm.4-1-DevPack-25.3.exe installed on the CCM4.1 lists only IP Phones 7911 not 7906.

Do I nedd to find for a new patchs ?

Regarsd

you can try installing the latest one, do you have all the requirements from the link???

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dominique,

You can use Cisco Unified CallManager Device Package 4.1(65.0)with any 4.1(3) version above 4.1(3)sr1. This will add support for the 7906 as well as some other models;

Here is the link (needs CCO Login);

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/callmgr-41

Hope this helps!

Rob

EDIT: Jaime, you have beaten my inept typing skills once again my friend ;-)

Hi,

Thanks, do i need to uninstall the previous one already installed ?

Regards

Hi Dominique,

No need to uninstall my friend :) Just install the new one and you should be good to go. Once that has been completed the 7906 will be available on the Device Defaults page.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: