cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Welcome to the MARS Discussion

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Cisco Security MARS Forum. This conversation will provide you the opportunity to discuss the product, solutions and issues surrounding Cisco Security MARS deployments, maintenance and integration. We encourage everyone to share their knowledge and start conversations about topics involving the Cisco Security MARS.

Remember, just like in the workplace, be courteous to your fellow forum participants. Please refrain from using disparaging or obscene language or posting advertisements.

We encourage you to tell your fellow networking professionals about the site.

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

7 Replies 7

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

<< looking into horses mouth >>

Dan,

Why not a subforum under security?

Matthew,

Over the next several months we'll be introducing some new community tools specific to MARS. These new features will be sub topics under MARS which is why it's now a stand alone forum. We decided to launch the discussion area immediately so members can start populating the board while we complete work on the new tools.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

thanks for the explaination.

y-korolevski
Level 1
Level 1

Great to have a special forum for MARS !

Are there any best practices documents that would get me up to speed with customizing MARS to show more focused alerts? For instance until I've configured IPS events into MARS, syslog events from ASA/FWSM were not enough for MARS to conclude that a scan is being performed.

I tried to make a lot of "noise" with hacking tools such as Nessus across the firewalls w/o any special "Critical" level alerts.

Thanks,

Yigal

Hi Korolevski,

I dont have clear your question, but the first thing would be to upgrade to the latest version so you have more and latest MARS signatures.

Depending on the size of your network the alerts will vary.

Hope it helped you a bit.

martinv2008
Level 1
Level 1

QUESTION:

** How can I know the Netflows per second (Netflows/sec) in a running MARS? **

My intent is to measure how close I am with a certain MARS appliance (CS-MARS 20, 50, etc) to it's physical limits.

Thanks

You should probably start a new conversion for this question. You can view the Admin-->System Maintenance-->View log files. Do a search for "Netflow Rate".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: