cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 4.1 and call forward problem - NO TALK PATH

wreed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys. I have a CME 4.1 system with a SIP trunk for outside lines to my ISP/telephony provider. Everything works great except call forwards. The system forwards the call but neither end can talk or hear one another.

I need help with this ASAP, thanks!

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For the traces you sent previously, can you check the media endpoints? Probably they want media to go back to you, in which case you can try configuring a voice class with media flow-through.

Hey thanks for the reply. I saw your post like this in another thread but I was confused on excatly what I need to do.

when you have a second could you explain in detail what i need to do and give me the commands to accomplish it?

Thanks

Try creating a voice class with the media command, and apply on all relevant voip DPs.

Well this is weird. I do not have the media command available under a dial-peer, voice class, or global voice config. I only have "media statistics"

I am running IOS 12.4-15T3

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your continued help.

That might be because you do not have ip-to-ip gw image. In fact, for what you're doing, I suspect such image is required.

Keep in mind the SIP trunk I am connecting to is a Broadsoft VOIP server, not Cisco. I dont know if it matters.

That images is not available for the 1760.

Here are my options:

Platform: 1760

Release: 12.4.15T5 ( ED - Early Deployment )

Narrow your choices by choosing a major release.

12.4 12.3 12.2 12.1

Library

Select options from the table below to find the software you want:

Choose Options

Select Software Feature Set

ENTERPRISE BASE

ENTERPRISE SERVICES

IP/ADSL

IP/ADSL PLUS

IP/ADSL/IPX/AT/IBM/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES

ENTERPRISE SERVICES W/O CRYPTO

ADVANCED IP SERVICES

ADVANCED SECURITY

IP VOICE

IP/ADSL/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES

IP BASE

IP BASE W/O CRYPTO

SP SERVICES

ADVANCED ENTERPRISE SERVICES

ENTERPRISE BASE W/O CRYPTO

IP/ADSL/VOX PLUS

IP VOICE W/O CRYPTO

Understand.

Unfortunately I think that something is wrong with the media endpoints when a call is forwarded sip-to-sip, and I'm not sure what you can do about that.

wreed
Level 1
Level 1

I just reviewed the CME docs and I am running the correct image to support CME. It looks like the IPtoIP gateway was stopped with IOS 12.3

wreed
Level 1
Level 1

OK I have signed up for the Broadvoice bring your own device progam to test call forwarding. Guess what same problem.

I am thinking this has to be something on the CME side now.

Any other ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: