cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rps 2300

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We have a rps 2300 hooked to a 3560 , non E 3560. When testing it failovers fine when we pull switchpower but when we plug the switch back in it doesn't seem to automatically fall back over to wall power . I would think it would but maybe it doesn't and you have to do it via the front panel on the rps. I have read thru the whole book trying to find an answer to this. Anyone have any experience with these things ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Glen-

Working with the RPS's on a non-E stinks. A power cycle of the switch is required to return the power state back to the switch (official Cisco), but you can unplug the RPS cable/power cable and the switch will start using it's own power supply, however, it sometimes reboots anyways!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Glen-

Working with the RPS's on a non-E stinks. A power cycle of the switch is required to return the power state back to the switch (official Cisco), but you can unplug the RPS cable/power cable and the switch will start using it's own power supply, however, it sometimes reboots anyways!

Thanks thats what i thought just by doing testing here in the lab . I was able to get it to go back by putting the port in standby and then putting it back active . The main issue in our case is that we won't know when they flop over to the rps as we aren't doing any kind of snmp traps on the switches . Very poor design , you would think they would put the functionality in all the IOS code for the switches if they have rps capability.

I agree 100%!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card