Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS version compatibility for HWIC-1ADSL in an 1841

technical
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please can anyone help? I have an 1841 which was delivered with IOS Version: 12.4(19), I installed the HWIC-1ADSL card and it is not recognised....

- a sh diag reports:

WIC/HWIC Slot 0:

Unknown WAN daughter card

...even though the Cisco Software Selector says this version should be compatible. I have tried 12.4(16), this doesn't work even though I have an 1841 on site that's been running for at least a year with an ADSL WIC and this version. I have also tried a much lower version 12.4(3j) and still it doesn't work.

I have ruled out any problem with the router WIC Slot by testing other WIC interfaces in it, I think I have also ruled out a problem with the ADSL WIC card by trying more than one but I haven't totally ruled out the fact that I may have two faulty cards.

My supplier cannot provide me with specific help and just says that it is likely to be an IOS version issue but I am struggling to find out if that's the case and what version I should be using.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Tracey.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, online tools can be wrong. Upgrade to latest 12.4 T and you will be fine.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, online tools can be wrong. Upgrade to latest 12.4 T and you will be fine.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Brilliant, thank you!

No sweat. Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card