cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which version of ios should we use for c3500xl support ssh?

I also would like to know what would be the file name.

5 Replies 5

Pravin Phadte
Level 5
Level 5

Category Switches

Type:- Catalyst LAN and ATM Switches

Series:-Catalyst 3550 Series Switches

Model :-Catalyst 3550 24 Switch

Engine/CPU :- CAT3550

The ios which would support SSH ios are:

Feature set IP SERVICES

c3550-ipservicesk9-mz.12.2-44.SE1

c3550-ipservicesk9-mz.12.2-25.SEE4

Feature Selections

Secure Shell SSH Version 1 Integrated Client Provide Client support for the SSH Version 1 protocol

Secure Shell SSH Version 1 Server Support The SSH server feature enables a SSH client to make a secure, encrypted connection to a Cisco router. This connection provides functionality that is similar to an inbound Telnet connection. The SSH server will work with publicly and commercially available SSH clients

Secure Shell SSH Version 2 Client Support Currently SSHv1 client is supported in Cisco IOS. SSH v2 is the latest version of the standards-based protocol. In order to be able to interoperate with SSHv2 protocol and other servers supporting SSHv2, SSHv2 client functionality is being added in Cisco IOS.

Secure Shell SSH Version 2 Server Support SSHv2 is standards-based protocol to provide secure telnet capability for router configuration and administration.

If this ios needs to be uploaded in the production network please get help from cisco TAC.

Let us know if this helps u.

Why when I was researching the C3500XL I just could found information about version 12.05? I asked the customer to send me the "show tec" to check what version is available.

You gave him code versions for a 3550 , different animal than a 3500xl which is layer 2 only . Don't think SSH was available on those old 3500xl switches, I know they were not on the 2924XL which is the same era.

He's right, there's no SSH support on the 3500XLs.

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

In order to determine which IOS supports the features you require, use the Software Adisor Tool available at the following link:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/Fusion/FusionHome.do

(requires cco login which you can register for free)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card