cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetMe Parameters

telcorinc
Level 1
Level 1

I have two questions regarding MeetMe conferences. I am using CUCM 6.1.

The first question is in regards to the conference list feature that the phone has. When I join a call with a MeetMe conference I have created I can see the conference participants, but when I create the MeetMe conference and then someone else joins the conference, if I push the ConfList button all I get is the text "That key is not active here." Why is the conference list feature unavailable in this manner?

Second question is in regards to terminating a MeetMe conference. An ad hoc conference termination is a setting change in the service parameters under Call Manager. "Drop Ad Hoc Conference" is the parameter, and "When No OnNet Parties Remain in the Conference." Does an option like this exist for MeetMe conferences? This seems like a large security hole if you leave the conference and your participants remain. Especially if they called in on a 1-800 number and now you're paying for them to talk.

And that last note links back to the first note, how can you see who's in the conference? If you don't know if anyone is in the conference, how do you know that hanging up the phone will terminate the conference (which it normally does if you're the last OnNet participant)?

Thanks for any help you can provide,

James

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there is a conference when using meetme and the cfn button.

on meetme any user can log in if the call is already initiated and the conference was already allocated on the CFB, when using the cfb button you choose and there is some kind of history of the users that were added.

unfortunately there is no such option to terminate the calls with meet me as you mention.

you cannot see who is in a meet me

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

How about the OnNet participants though determining how long the conference lasts for? Somehow the Conference Bridge has to know who the participants of the conference are (external or internal and the quantity of each).

James

sorry, those capabilities are not implemented, it's not the 1st time i've been asked about something like this.

You may try reaching your AM in order to check if you can submit a PER on this

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: