cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cover Paths in Cisco

ty.masse
Level 1
Level 1

How do I implement cover path (similar to Avaya) in UCM 6.

I want ext 1 to go to ext 2 then ext 3 etc... As a final step it needs to go to the voicemail of ext 1 (The original extensiln.) if all else fails

This feature in Avaya is called cover path. Do you do that in Cisco?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

iec1088407
Level 1
Level 1

you can use a hunt group, and in the line instead of mark the voicemail, you write the number of the hunt group

regards.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ty,

In this case you could use the Forward No Answer setting FNA (under Directory Number config) so;

Ext 1 FNA Ext 2

Ext 2 FNA Ext 3

Ext 3 FNA Voicemail Pilot #

The default behaviour for Unity and most other voicemail systems would then route this call back to the voicemail box for Ext 1

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob on your proposed solution, would I have to do that on each DN one at a time? Or can you do it in one location?

IEC, your answer is intriguing about the hunt group. Can you please let me know how to send that call to the Voice Mail box of the first extension as a last resort?

I appriciate both of your answers.

Thanks.

Hallelujah! I think I've found the answer. I haven't tested it yet, but I'm confident of the concept of the solution.

For anyone else's benefit who might run into that issue, here it is.

1. On the DN configuration, set the CFNA to a Hunt Pilot.

2. Alos on the DN configuration, Set Call Forward No Coverage to Voice Mail

3. Configure a Hunt Pilot and set the CFNA setting for the hunt pilot to personal preferences.

Result:

1. Phone Rings

2. After the amount of rings in seconds expires, the CFNA setting is checked, and the call gets send to the hunt pilot.

3. The hunt pilot processes the hunt list, if no one answers after the last DN in the Hunt Group, or it timesout it will check the CFNA settings for the hunt pilot.

4. That setting should say Use Personal Preferences which will cause the Hunt Pilot to check the Call forward No Coverage settings of the original DN; and that setting should be voice mail.

While this configuration is not as streamlined as the Cover Path Settings in Avaya, the end result will be exactly the same. As a matter of fact, you can do more cool stuff with internal and external number settings.

Ty

Hi Ty,

You are most correct and one of the few people that has ever figured out what the "Personal Preferences" setting was designed for. 5 points for your good thinking here!

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: