Views
Helpful
Replies

ospf stub area abr

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

folks,

If I have a stub area and have 2 ABRs. lets say they are advertising a default route with a cost. Will the link cost connecting to the ABRs will be added to the advertised cost? How is the cost added to the advertised route? is it at ingress of a router or when the router is advertising the route?

4 Replies 4

waleed_amer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friend,

The ABR will advertise a default route with a cost of 1 this is the default and you can sets the cost of the advertised default route by (area 1 default-cost) and any Router inside the stub area will add the ingress interface cost to received route cost.

Regards, W.Amer

are you sure , cause in my case the router advertised by ABR was not appended by the link cost in a stub network and was the name what I advertised it as....

Can you confirm your answer.

Thanks

Hi friend,

Check below link you will see total cost for default route is 65 (1 is the cost advertised by ABR and 64 added by the receiver the ingress interface cost).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801ec9f7.shtml

Regards, W.Amer

W.Amer is right. You can do a "show ip ospf border" to see the cost to the ABR that will be added to the initial cost set by this same ABR.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: