cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6 WAN Ports for Load Balancing

jandres_sandisk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, I need a cisco router that can support 6 WAN ports for load balancing. Can you tell me which model can I deploy for a small-medium size company. The company did not specify what WAN technology they are using but I assume they are using DSL.

I can't offer them the 2800 series because its too expensive for them to shoulder. I try to look for a Linksys and DLink models but they don't offer 6 WAN ports. I hope you can help me here.

Jon

4 Replies 4

joseph.derrick
Level 1
Level 1

You can give this a try:

Linksys - RV082 - 8-Port VPN Router with Load Balancing

Please rate if it helps.

Thanks.

Thanks Joseph, but it has only 2 Internet WAN ports. Company needs 6 WAN ports for load balancing. I do appreciate your help, and I'm afraid that I might able to get a more expensive appliance.

Jon

They have 6 WAN ports but are too cheap to front for a proper router?

Any option of just designating a perticular connection for one service and another for another service etc? A cheap (in more ways than one) of doing it I guess but not recommended (and not really possible depending what they want to load balance)

If you are refering to Linksys RV082 it only has 2 WAN ports (no WAN module expansion). It has 8 Ethernet ports with auto-MDI/MDIX, use for switching and not use for WAN.

The company just wanted to load balance their WAN connections with 6 WAN ports. Try to offer 1800 series plus a CfR solution for load balancing, but it only supports 2 fixed WAN ports + Dual-port HWIC expansion. So the appliance is short of two ports

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card