cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6 WAN Ports for Load Balancing

jandres_sandisk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, I need a cisco router that can support 6 WAN ports for load balancing. Can you tell me which model can I deploy for a small-medium size company. The company did not specify what WAN technology they are using but I assume they are using DSL.

I can't offer them the 2800 series because its too expensive for them to shoulder. I try to look for a Linksys and DLink models but they don't offer 6 WAN ports. I hope you can help me here.

Jon

4 Replies 4

joseph.derrick
Level 1
Level 1

You can give this a try:

Linksys - RV082 - 8-Port VPN Router with Load Balancing

Please rate if it helps.

Thanks.

Thanks Joseph, but it has only 2 Internet WAN ports. Company needs 6 WAN ports for load balancing. I do appreciate your help, and I'm afraid that I might able to get a more expensive appliance.

Jon

They have 6 WAN ports but are too cheap to front for a proper router?

Any option of just designating a perticular connection for one service and another for another service etc? A cheap (in more ways than one) of doing it I guess but not recommended (and not really possible depending what they want to load balance)

If you are refering to Linksys RV082 it only has 2 WAN ports (no WAN module expansion). It has 8 Ethernet ports with auto-MDI/MDIX, use for switching and not use for WAN.

The company just wanted to load balance their WAN connections with 6 WAN ports. Try to offer 1800 series plus a CfR solution for load balancing, but it only supports 2 fixed WAN ports + Dual-port HWIC expansion. So the appliance is short of two ports

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card