cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 6.1 AXL ldapfilter syntax

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

I'm trying to set the ldapfilter string in UCM 6.1 to filter based on values of the IP Phone number attribute in Active Directory. I can get UCM to accept the filter string, but it doesn't change what gets imported. Here's the string:

'(&(objectclass=user)(ipPhone=3*)(!(objectclass=Computer))(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))'

In this case I want to import users with IP Phone numbers that start with 3, in other words objectclass=user AND ipPhone=3*

Do I have the right syntax or is the IP Phone field not named ipPhone?

Thanks, Randy

6 Replies 6

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

Problem Solved.

I forgot to restart the sync service.

Can you elaborate on this a little bit further? What are you using for these queries? Where do you put the search strings?

Thanks,

Dragi

The filter is used for the automated user synchronization between AD and CCM for CCM5 and higher. More details can be found in the administrator guide.

Randy,

anything new on this one?

Just letting everyone know that this is done via the AXL plugin that is available to download from the Plugins page in CCM. A certain command has to be issued (let me know if you need it) with a customized xml file in the same folder.

I am hoping this is a little bit more than "It's on CCO" or similar answers.

Regards,

Dragi

f.gouger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Can you help me with the syntax? I want to do something similar as you but I have some errors.

It is possible for you to post your .xml? So I will see were is my error because I do not believe that I understand well.