WAAS Licensing

Unanswered Question
May 11th, 2008
User Badges:


i am doing the configuration of WAE-512-k9 with SF-WAAS-4.0-SA-K9, and i am requested to add a license in the configuration tool. shall i configure the HQ WAE with WAAS-CNTRL-MGR and the other in the remote site with Enterprise License?

does 2 WAE operate without Network Manager?


  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
dstolt Sun, 05/11/2008 - 16:17
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,


If you want to use CIFS, you will require a dedicated WAE running the Central Manager function for configuration of the Core and Edge functions. Also, each WAE particpating in CIFS acceleration will need an Enterprise License.



elsynassif Mon, 05/12/2008 - 02:17
User Badges:

Hi Dan,

If I use the transport licenses in the main site, and in the remote site. Would I still need to have a 3rd WAE for Central Manager.

I am proposing WAAS instead of RiverBed SHA-02020, I want to have the same level of features on the WAAS. Does the Transport license do the job?



dstolt Mon, 05/12/2008 - 03:46
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

If you use the transport liceneses without the Central Manager, then you will have to use the CLI for configuration, but you will not have a CIFS adapters or local print server. You can configure DRE/LZ/TFO locally via CLI.




This Discussion