Views
Helpful
Replies

Eigrp Errors

drnteam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can any one advice what is this error causing under eigrp.

*May 11 10:34:57.595 GMT: EIGRP: Packet from ourselves ignored

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It appears that you have received an EIGRP packet whose source address is one of its own interface addresses. EIGRP ignores the packet. I believe that I have seen similar scenario when a router running EIGRP was connected to a hub and some user connected two of the hub ports to each other. So the router sent out EIGRP packets to one hub port and received the packet back from the other hub port.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick,

This would also be normal if the loopback interface network address is configured under the eigrp process and that the loopback interface is not configured as "passive-interface"

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Harold

Thanks for adding this point. It would certainly be the more common reason for seeing the message.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

HI,

The loopback is added under eigrp, also there is no hub connected. How can I traceout the same source if its routing through eigrp.

Eldo

Eldo

if its the loopback address then put that interface into passive mode ..this should put an end to the messages.

Sol

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: