Views
Helpful
Replies

Pinout configuration for DB25 pin console adapter

keeleym
Level 5
Level 5

Hi All

I have a lightstream 1010 ATM router which has a 25 pin Console port. I was wondering if anybody would be able to tell me the pinout required to make up a DB25 pin adapter which I can connect to the octal cable of a 2511 to allow me set up reverse telnet?

If you could give me the color of the cable that goes to pin 1, pin 2 etc it would help a great deal as I have DB25 to RJ45 adapters which I can make up myself.

Best Regards & TIA,

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

My mistake:

Here's the link to the pinout:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/wan/mgx/mgx_8850/software/mgx_r5.2/data/rpm_pr/configuration/guide/rpm_icg.pdf

Please disregard my first post (and curse Cisco's lack of editing capability)

2, 3, & & would probably work, but you'd likely have to also tie up all the handshake lines from the DTE side.

Good Luck

Scott

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

It should use only pins 2, 3, and 7.

2&3 are transmit/receive, pin 7 is signal ground.

Remember to set your terminal program for 9600, 8, N, 1, no flow control (no software control, no hardware control).

Good Luck

Scott

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

My mistake:

Here's the link to the pinout:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/wan/mgx/mgx_8850/software/mgx_r5.2/data/rpm_pr/configuration/guide/rpm_icg.pdf

Please disregard my first post (and curse Cisco's lack of editing capability)

2, 3, & & would probably work, but you'd likely have to also tie up all the handshake lines from the DTE side.

Good Luck

Scott

Hi Scott

Thanks for the response and the link, Much Appreciated. Worked a treat.

Best Regards,

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: