Views
Helpful
Replies

Application Traffic Policies

oukpaka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for your previous helpful responses.

I will be doing a POC at Customer site, I have the following applications listed that I will optimizing:

Oracle

MS windows (CIFS)

MS Exchange

EFAX- oracle

RTGS- Real Traffic Gross settlements

T24

internet thru proxy server.

Banknet - Intranet Service.

DNS.

Mcafee antivirus updates service.

I guess one way to capture the traffic types is to run a sniffer on the network, how do i know exactly how the application works so as to know what kind of ATP to create for some of these applications mentioned and what kind of optimation to apply since all do not have a ATP defined in the default Cisco ATP.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Obiora,

There are several apps you list that are in the default application policies (CIFS, Oracle, Proxy server, etc.). I would recommend that you create a policy for Exchange via destination IP with full optimization as long is it's not encrypted by the Outlook clients.

For the other apps, you are correct, you may have to run a sniffer to look at them as they may be customer apps. After you have found out what ports and/or IP addresses they will use, you can create customer policies if they don't fit into the default set.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: