cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1252g slow performance

j_Pearcy00
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco Aironet 1252g setup and I have 2 PCs using linksys N adapters connecting to it. Speed is comparable to G. Is there something special I should be doing to improve the speed. I setup the AP within line of site and only about 50 feet away and the speed is still poor.

15 Replies 15

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is your Linksys speed showing? If it shows 54 Mbps or less, then yes you will have comparable speeds since you are not running 'N'.

You might have to verify that you have 40Mhz channel width and the other necessary configurations.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yeah its 54 and lower.

Then you have to configure the ap to use the 40mhz channel width and you will be good to go.

-Scott

ok I have got the speed issue taken care of but I cannot get the AP to run at the N data rates unless its not encrypted. I see these messages from the AP: Interface Dot11Radio0, Mcs rates disabled on vlan 0 due to not using AES encryption or encryption is not disabled . The only way I can see to use AES is to use AES CCMP. Is there a way around this?

WPA is not supported.... Use WPA2 with AES and you will be good to go.

-Scott

The only options for ciphers are:

wep 128

wep 40

TKIP

CKIP

CMIC

CKIP-CMIC

TKIP+WEP 128

TKIP+WEP 40

AES CCMP

AES CCMP + TKIP

AES CCMP + TKIP + WEP 128

AES CCMP + TKIP + WEP 40

There is no plain old AES

Try AES CCMP.... I guess this is autonomous AP?

-Scott

this is autonomous ap yes. AES CCMP requires Radius?

Can't find the info on autonomous but you might try this:

ap# configure terminal

ap(config-if)# ssid

ap(config-ssid)# wpa2-psk ascii

ap(config)# interface dot11radio 0

ap(config-ssid)# ssid batman

ap(config-if)# exit

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/ios/release/notes/12_4_10b_JA3rn.html#wp291685

-Scott

Yeah that dosent work. Everything that I read says that AES CCMP requires radius. There is no option for just AES only AES CCMP

I guess the code doesn't yet support WPA2-PSK. I know for sure that it works in an lwapp environment. Weird that you can't configure that. All other options will require a radius server though.

-Scott

yeah and I tried configuring the AP itself as a radius server. When I try to connect I am never prompted for username and password. I am doing something wrong I just do not know what. I followed the directions below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008054339e.shtml#ent

I did this as well, and my PCs seem to be better, but the MACs are still having issues. I'm using my 1252G Access Points as LWAPP with a WLC 4402.

Have you enabled wwm allowed or required under the wlan QOS tab?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: