SMTP settings failed to apply... ???

Answered Question
May 11th, 2008

Hi,

I just installed LMS 3.0 and December 2007 update and still the problem exist. it doesnt allow us to configure SMTP Settings. I have found out that there are 2 bug id related to this... CSCsm10925 and CSCsg02991. Both have fixed status but it confuses me... How can we fixed this problem? Please help.. thanks..

regars,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 8 years 8 months ago

There is no other way to get this patch. However, you can run the following commands to manually set the SMTP server:

NMSROOT/MDC/bin/ccraccess -removeResource Core Custom Custom "" ""

SMTPServerName

NMSROOT/MDC/bin/ccraccess -addResource Core Custom Custom NEW_SMTP_SERVER ""

SMTPServerName Owner System DefaultData localhost Description SMTPServer

Where NEW_SMTP_SERVER is the desired value for the SMTP server hostname/IP address.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
miheg Mon, 05/12/2008 - 03:08

Apart from an SMTP server name or ip address and an emailID to use there is nothing you can configure.

Do you enter this name or address at CS -> Admin -> System preferences?

What error/message do you get?

Cheers,

Michel

miheg Mon, 05/12/2008 - 03:27

Actually, the SMTP config lives in the directory CSCOpc/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml.

You may want to put it in there directly or check if the file isn't corrupt.

Cheers,

Michel

Joe Clarke Mon, 05/12/2008 - 08:43

You're hitting CSCsm10925. I have a patch available which you can get by calling the TAC and referencing this bug. I would caution against editing regdaemon.xml directly as any typo here can prevent anything within LMS from working.

jnerecina Mon, 05/12/2008 - 17:00

Hi jclarke,

thanks for the reply.

Do i really need to open a new TAC case for this? Would there be other ways to do that. Because we only have a limited number TAC case to raise, we are Cisco Partner, and we can't just open a TAC case. It needs to be approved first... is there any other way to get this done? Thanks...

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Mon, 05/12/2008 - 19:46

There is no other way to get this patch. However, you can run the following commands to manually set the SMTP server:

NMSROOT/MDC/bin/ccraccess -removeResource Core Custom Custom "" ""

SMTPServerName

NMSROOT/MDC/bin/ccraccess -addResource Core Custom Custom NEW_SMTP_SERVER ""

SMTPServerName Owner System DefaultData localhost Description SMTPServer

Where NEW_SMTP_SERVER is the desired value for the SMTP server hostname/IP address.

Actions

This Discussion