Views
Helpful
Replies

SMTP settings failed to apply... ???

jnerecina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just installed LMS 3.0 and December 2007 update and still the problem exist. it doesnt allow us to configure SMTP Settings. I have found out that there are 2 bug id related to this... CSCsm10925 and CSCsg02991. Both have fixed status but it confuses me... How can we fixed this problem? Please help.. thanks..

regars,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no other way to get this patch. However, you can run the following commands to manually set the SMTP server:

NMSROOT/MDC/bin/ccraccess -removeResource Core Custom Custom "" ""

SMTPServerName

NMSROOT/MDC/bin/ccraccess -addResource Core Custom Custom NEW_SMTP_SERVER ""

SMTPServerName Owner System DefaultData localhost Description SMTPServer

Where NEW_SMTP_SERVER is the desired value for the SMTP server hostname/IP address.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

Apart from an SMTP server name or ip address and an emailID to use there is nothing you can configure.

Do you enter this name or address at CS -> Admin -> System preferences?

What error/message do you get?

Cheers,

Michel

Actually, the SMTP config lives in the directory CSCOpc/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml.

You may want to put it in there directly or check if the file isn't corrupt.

Cheers,

Michel

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're hitting CSCsm10925. I have a patch available which you can get by calling the TAC and referencing this bug. I would caution against editing regdaemon.xml directly as any typo here can prevent anything within LMS from working.

Hi jclarke,

thanks for the reply.

Do i really need to open a new TAC case for this? Would there be other ways to do that. Because we only have a limited number TAC case to raise, we are Cisco Partner, and we can't just open a TAC case. It needs to be approved first... is there any other way to get this done? Thanks...

There is no other way to get this patch. However, you can run the following commands to manually set the SMTP server:

NMSROOT/MDC/bin/ccraccess -removeResource Core Custom Custom "" ""

SMTPServerName

NMSROOT/MDC/bin/ccraccess -addResource Core Custom Custom NEW_SMTP_SERVER ""

SMTPServerName Owner System DefaultData localhost Description SMTPServer

Where NEW_SMTP_SERVER is the desired value for the SMTP server hostname/IP address.

Thanks very much jclarke.