Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax Machine - FXS Port issue

haytham.nassar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I have H.323 VG router, i have FXS port which a FAX machine is connected to, i configured the required dial-peer. and i can send fax. but the problem is i can not receive. i have this issue, i dont know if it is efecting. when i conenct analog phone on the FXS port, and when i am calling this phone from my mobile, i am not hearing ring back tone !! although the analoge phone is ringing. when the phone is picked up, the communication will establish clearly, so is it effecting the fax problem. i think some thing should be done on my E1 line.

waiting for you guys

Regards

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which protocol are you running on the E1?

Also check "show controllers E1" for slips and if any configure networck-clock-participate and -select.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

d.haeni
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I had the same thing regarding ringback for incoming calls:

It would work when calling from a fixed line, but not from my mobile

Once I have configured "voice call send-alert", ringback worked also for mobile calls.

HTH (at least for the ringback portion of your problem)

/David

We had a similar problem with our VG224 gateways. When we updated the IOS to version 12.4(15)T1 the problems went away.

Thank David,

I was having the ringback problem, and it is gone after I configured "voice call send-alert".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: