cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adding a subscriber v6, and licensing

reidg
Level 1
Level 1

I'm creating a new v.6 cluster, and have uploaded the license file to the publisher. Have added a subscriber, and again got a seperate license file generated. However when I try and start ccm on the publisher I get that all resources are in use. Looking through a few forum trails, i'm wondering whether i've made a mistake. Are you supposed to always use the mac address of the server running the license app (i.e. Publisher), because I didn't i've used the mac address of the subscriber when generating the license for it, am I wrong?

And if so how do I remove this license from the server, and can I just go back to tac, tell them i'm stupid, (or that instructions arn't that clear, take your pick), and get them to generate a new license file?

thanks in advance

Grant

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Grant,

You are not the first nor will you be the last to have this happen :)

The License will need to be re-homed (by Cisco Licensing) to reflect the Publisher Mac)instead of the Subscriber Mac;

I would send an email to;

licensing@cisco.com

with all the pertinant information from the Licensing that came with the wrong Mac. Let them know that the same license needs to be re-issued with the proper mac. They should send you the new license file via email quite quickly.

The Node License Manager is the Publisher so it is the MAC Address that you provide for any licensing additions/requirements;

Licenses are generated for requested Cisco CallManager nodes (servers in a Cisco CallManager cluster - with seats) and the phones that are associated with those nodes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Note - Upload the license file only on the first node of Cisco CallManager cluster.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080530f9b.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Grant,

You are not the first nor will you be the last to have this happen :)

The License will need to be re-homed (by Cisco Licensing) to reflect the Publisher Mac)instead of the Subscriber Mac;

I would send an email to;

licensing@cisco.com

with all the pertinant information from the Licensing that came with the wrong Mac. Let them know that the same license needs to be re-issued with the proper mac. They should send you the new license file via email quite quickly.

The Node License Manager is the Publisher so it is the MAC Address that you provide for any licensing additions/requirements;

Licenses are generated for requested Cisco CallManager nodes (servers in a Cisco CallManager cluster - with seats) and the phones that are associated with those nodes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Note - Upload the license file only on the first node of Cisco CallManager cluster.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080530f9b.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob, thanks much for the reply, i've done as you suggested so hopefully should get it sorted!!!

Any idea how to remove the wrong license i've added?

Grant

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: