cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.2 and Local SQL 2005

Solutionary
Level 1
Level 1

After reviewing http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/csa/csa52/install_guide/CSA52IG.pdf for system requirements I came across the following.

Hardware Configurations:

1.Single processor Pentium 4 (3Ghz+) with 2 GB RAM

2.Dual processor Xeon (2.5 Ghz+) with 4 GB RAM

Only Hardware Configuration 1 supports Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Workgroup or Standard editions with their 4GB RAM limitation.

According to the above documentation, can this really be true that Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Workgroup or Standard Ed. will not work with hardware configuration 2?

Can someone shed some light on why this wouldn't work or verify that it will work? I planned on using hardware configuration 2 along with SQL Server 2005 but now I am uncertain if it will work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Either configuration will work.

1) SQL 2005 Standard doesn't have the RAM limitation, it goes as high as the OS RAM.

2) The memory limitation for Express and Workgroup is that it will only use that much, not that it won't work if you have more (or less for that matter).

Tom

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Either configuration will work.

1) SQL 2005 Standard doesn't have the RAM limitation, it goes as high as the OS RAM.

2) The memory limitation for Express and Workgroup is that it will only use that much, not that it won't work if you have more (or less for that matter).

Tom

That is what I wanted to hear.

Thanks!

You are quite welcome.

Tom

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card