cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions about Catalyst 3500 XL Switch

silaswarren
Level 1
Level 1

I need to confirm a couple setting on my Catalyst 3500 XL Switch and my documentation not to clear on how to do this. The setting are:

1. I want to make sure IGMP Snooping is Disabled.

2. I want to make sure multicast filtering is Disabled.

I can not find much on either subject in my documentation. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Silas

9 Replies 9

Pravin Phadte
Level 5
Level 5

show ip igmp snooping > Display snooping configuration.

ip igmp snooping > Globally enable IGMP snooping in all existing VLAN interfaces.

ip igmp snooping vlan vlan-id > Enable IGMP snooping on the VLAN interface.

show ip igmp snooping [vlan vlan-id] > Display snooping configuration.

show cgmp > Displays the current state of the CGMP-learned multicast groups and routers.

show mvr > Displays the current multicast VLAN registration (MVR) global parameter values, including whether or not MVR is enabled, the maximum query response time, the maximum number of multicast entries, and the multicast VLAN number.

show port block > Displays the blocking of unicast and multicast filtering for the port.

Thanks for the quick reply but these are the commands that I have already tried.

If I go to:

show ip ?

I have no IGMP option listed to show..

Also if I go to:

Configure

ip ?

I only have the cmgp option listed and no igmp.

Do I need to update the Cisco software for this switch or is there something else going on?

IOS version: 12.0(5.3)WC(1)

Cisco WS-3524-PWR-XL (PowerPC403)

You are right. Need to upgrade the ios.

IOS version: 12.0(5.3)WC(1) may be not not supporting the commands.I was not able to find any docs for this ios on cisco.

This link will provide you with WC(3)(4) & (5) which supports the command.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps637/prod_command_reference_list.html

On cisco you will find the ios which can be downloaded.

C3500 IOS IMAGE AND CMS FILES

c3500xl-c3h2s-tar.120-5.WC16.tar

Release Date: 10/Apr/2007

Size: 2870 KB

Minimum Memory: DRAM:8MB Flash:4MB

c3500xl-c3h2s-tar.120-5.WC17.tar

Release Date: 10/Apr/2007

Size: 2869.5 KB

Minimum Memory: DRAM:8MB Flash:4MB

let us know if this help.

Thank you! I will try the upgrade and let you know what progress I make.

Thanks for the Help!

OK, I have now updated my IOS Version to: 12(5)WC(17). But the command: show ip igmp snooping vlan1 , still does not work... And there is no option for configuring igmp snooping at all, in the configure | ip menu...

This update did fix the multicast filtering stuff I was asking about.. show port bock does now work.. Thanks!!

I looked in the Feature Navigator and "igmp snooping" didn't have anything listed before IOS 12.1. I don't even think there's a 12.1 image for the 3500XLs at all, but you could look...

Paul

Thank you!! That explains why I can't find it..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: