cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading from a C4000 to C4507R

cybormedic
Level 1
Level 1

I am in need of some help here. I have just been put in a network admin position and I need to upgrade 3 new switches from C4000 to C4507R without taking the old ones off line. The old ones are running the older software while the new is running IOS 12.2(25)EW. I can get to the new via console and that is as far as I can get. I have tried to get the config files over via TFTP but since they are on different OSs that didn't work. Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

4000's are generally catos so you cannot just copy to the new box . You will have to figure what the equivalent parameters are in IOS .

I am quite new at this and I am waiting to be to sent to school for this so excuse my ignorance. How would I go about doing that?

You could possibly look into this tool. A cat os converter. This is not 100% foolproof, but it's a good start.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a0080816fbc.shtml

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card